CIO - Job Description - Salary - IT - News
IT Job Market -trends and recent newsOctober 16th, 2014
IT Job Market - Recent Postings
- IT Job Market Improving? Some say the IT Job Market is improving from the 2009 slump IT Job Market Improving? An on-line job portal, Dice says IT degree graduates...
- IT Job Market Improves IT job market increases significantly with 20,400 jobs added in July One in five organizations is looking to hire additional IT staff within the next...
- Job Market Improves for IT Pros IT job market growth continues with an increase in January Job market continues to look good for IT pros with more jobs added in the...
- IT Job Market Growth Slows IT Job Market Growth Slows IT Job Market growth has slowed. Year to date the number of net new jobs created is only 52,700. That...
- IT Job Market is Poor at Best IT Job Market Is Poor At Best The information technology job market in the U.S. shrank by 6,600 jobs in September, and the number of...
IT Job Descriptionsmore info
Top 10 list for career advancement:September 12th, 2014
To 10 list for career advancement:
- more info
- Top 10 Interview Questions
- Top 10 CIO Leadership and Management Traits
- 10 Questions on Disaster Planning Every CIO Should Have Answers for
- Top 10 interview best practices
- Top 10 steps to an effective IT organization
Staffing challenges facing most CIOs and organization identified in a new surveyAugust 23rd, 2014
Staffing in many organizations is challenge. Finding the right balance between older and younger workers is one the greatest challenges.
Workers born between 1979 and 1997 are highly sought for their technology skills. One survey says that IT companies arent doing enough to support these millennial employees.
CompuCom in a survey found that 34% of IT professionals say their organizations arent doing anything specific to support younger staffers. Only 11% have SMS/texting support, while 13% offer support for mobile devices. Only 21% of IT firms offered Bring Your Own Device ( BYOD ) to work enablement, and just 13% allowed the use of social media at work.- more info
HR is one of the most complex issues facing CIOsAugust 21st, 2014
As the workplace grows more diverse and budgets shrink, CIOs have strong incentives to improve overall HR efficiency and reduce the cost of managing employees and the recruitn processes.
To that end the Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide is the one tool that is manaded.more info
CIOs who make over $1 million dollars now are commonAugust 12th, 2014
Janco Associates has reviewed the compensation for hundreds of CIOs and has identified 29 CIOs who made over $1,000,000 in 2013.In comparing this list with last year's, Janco found that most of the CIOs on the 2013 have maintained their high compensation levels with increases in both base and "other" compensation. Those that have left the list have retired (2), been promoted (1), or left (for a new opportunity / been terminated) (5). Even on this current list there are 3 CIOs who are no longer with these companies.
IT Job Market News - Recent ArticlesAugust 6th, 2014
IT Job Market News - Recent Articles
- IT Job Market Growth Slows in August IT Pros face a mixed job market with a net gain of only 12,400 IT jobs in August versus the 13,600 jobs added in...
- IT Job Market Growth Slows IT job market growth slows to 5,700 in February from 9,800 in January according to BLS data says Janco Even with the unemployment rate falling...
- IT Job Growth Slows, Though CIOs Anticipate Hiring Next Year IT Job Growth Slows, Though CIOs Anticipate Hiring Next Year Both the New York Times and Janco Associates have say that the job market is...
- CIO confidence wanes Hiring slows CIO worries IT job market growth continues to slow from 9,800 jobs in January and 5,500 jobs in February to 5,400 in March ...
- IT Job Market is Stagnant IT Job Market Shows Few Signs of Growth The latest BLS unemployment rate has gone down, but so has the job participation rate which fell...
Microsoft employees' opinion of CEO Satya Nadella fallsJuly 28th, 2014
Microsoft employees' opinion of CEO Satya Nadella Falls
Satya Nadella, Microsoft's CEO approval in June, before the company's biggest-ever layoff, was high enough to place him in the top 30 of U.S. chief executives. After the job cuts his approval rating has fallen significantly.
IT Job Descriptionsmore info
IT Employment News - Current PostingsJuly 16th, 2014
IT Employment News
- Top 10 issues for CIOs in 2014 Top 10 issues for CIOs in 2014 The top 10 issues that CIOs need to address in 2014 are driven by the current economic and...
- IT Staff Turnover Rates at Very Low Levels IT Staff Turnover Rates at Very Low Levels In a recent level news story in ComputerWorld it was reported that the Society for Information Management...
- Employee Recognition as a Motivator Employee recognition should be a critical component of a companys culture and employee motivator. On average 1-2% of payroll is spent on awards and programs...
- Top 10 steps to an effective IT organization Top 10 rules of the road for CIOs when creating IT organizations Top 10 rules of the road for CIOs as they build a modern...
- Top 10 CIO Productivity and Budgeting Issues CIO Productivity Kit The best companies, and their CIOs, recognize the importance of ready access to the right information to drive the right choices...
IT Job Descriptionsmore info
Mid-Year 2014 IT Salary Survey ReleasedJuly 1st, 2014
Janco conducts an I.T. salary survey twice a year in conjunction with eJobDescription.com. The new survey includes data from 256 large and 808 mid-sized organizations contacted during the second quarter of 2014.
Salaries have not increased significantly and neither has the number of I.T. jobs, the survey finds. Although companies added 32,200 jobs in the first half of 2014, thats less than the 36,500 jobs added during the same period in 2013. Total employment in the I.T. sector has surpassed where it was before the 2008 recession but still lingers below the industry-high levels in 2000.
IT Median Salaries Mid-Year 2013 vs. Mid-Year 2014
The report also highlights the highest-paid I.T. professionals. This year, Facebooks chief technology officer Michael Schroepfer tops the list with a total compensation package of $12.5 million. Thats down from $20 million he earned in 2012, according to the companys financial filings.more info
Cloud a mixed bag for CIOs and IT ProfessionalsMay 12th, 2014
A major research firm recently estimated that the number of cloud-related IT jobs in North America would grow 22% per year from 2012 to 2015, with the total number of positions reaching 2.7 million. The research firm published that finding in a report titled Climate Change: Clouds Impact on IT Organizations and Staffing.
They found that cloud computing could become the key infrastructure model for computing by 2030. Other findings include
- 50% of CIOs felt cloud computing was a high IT priority.
- 66% of CIOs are planning, implementing, or using cloud computing in some fashion.
- 75% of CIOs have security, access, or data control concerns with the public or private implementation of cloud computing.