CIO - Job Description - Salary - IT - News
53% of CIO say that IT spending will be up between 5 to 8 %March 2nd, 2015
Three groups now see an increase in IT Budgets: Janco Associates, SIM, and Computerworld.
IT leaders will see bigger technology budgets in the coming year. Not only are tech budgets bigger, this year IT spending is rising more than it has in the past six years. Fifty-seven percent of CIOs say they will see an overall budget increase in the coming year, up from 53 percent and 51 percent the previous two years, respectively.
IT budgets are expected to rise an average of 6.2 percent, up from 5.2 percent a year ago and 3.9 percent in the prior year.more info
As hiring picks up CIOs have some new challenges to addressFebruary 11th, 2015
As hiring picks up CIOs have some new challenges to address
CIOs are on a mission to acquire specific skill sets to drive profitable business growth. In this regard, they are focused primarily on securing the necessary talent from external sources. Yet many CIOs and ITorganizations already have highly-qualified people. The challenge is discerning the current employee base to detect skill voids and determining ways to address these gaps through targeted education and training.
CIOs need to:
- Evaluate current skill sets to discern voids in intellectual capital;
- Create mentoring programs to pass on expertise to younger workers; and
- Follow best practices in employee training and education - what world-class organizations are doing to align their human capital with strategic goals.
Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide Without good personnel no Information Technology organization can succeed. The first step in getting the right people is to know what roles and responsibilities they have. The Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide has this plus more.more info
Hiring is up in 2015 - but not as much as 2014February 3rd, 2015
Employers are selectively hiring this year and it is still hard to find quality workers.
Executives at more than 200 closely held companies surveyed expect their full-time equivalent employees to rise by 1.6% in 2015, lower than the 1.7% increase in FTE hiring in 2014. The low percentage is despite the fact that 83% of the respondents forecast positive growth at their companies in 2015.
One-third said they were unable to fill open positions over the past year, particularly for technology and engineering positions. Many blue-collar positions were also left unfilled due to gaps in skills of many workers who have been out of the workforce since the recession. Thirty-seven percent of the respondents worry about finding qualified workers, up nearly 10 percentage points from a year ago.more info
2014 ends on positive noteJanuary 16th, 2015
2014 ended on a postivie note for IT hiring according to an article in Infoworld.
Analyst firm Janco Associates noted that the numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics were a vast improvement over the previous year's tally of 68,500 jobs added. The company's discussions with approximately 100 CIOs yielded a similar picture: Hiring is on an upswing, with "a real shortage of IT pros with experience in cloud based applications and mobile computing."
IT hiring in December didn't equal the highs of some other months this year, but IT jobs were still added to the economy at a steady clip. The IT sector gained 7,900 jobs in December (out of 252,000 jobs added overall), bringing the total number of jobs gained in the information technology space in 2014 to almost 113,000.- more info
New Skills Required by World Class IT ManagersJanuary 15th, 2015
As the number and scope of client-vendor relationship continues to expand , IT Managers are discovering that they need new skills. No longer playing a passive role in negotiations and budgeting, many must now develop expertise in areas such as finance, accounting and law.
IT Managers can be extraordinarily valuable if they have further education on the business side. The business side is where you truly understand how the technology is being applied for the betterment of the company.
IT Managers now are creating RFPs, determining pricing, receiving quotes, reviewing products and calculating the potential returns on IT investments. Often the only thing he says they do not do is sign vendor contracts that is left for the CIO or other authorizing individuals.
Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide Without good personnel no Information Technology organization can succeed. The first step in getting the right people is to know what roles and responsibilities they have. The Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide has this plus more.
Some of the "c-Level" descriptions included in this offering are:
- more info
- Chief Information Officer(CIO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) - Small Enterprise
- Chief Security Officer (CSO)
- Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
- Chief Mobility Officer (CMO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Chief Digital Officer (CDO)
To see the structure used for all of the job descriptions go Job Description Structure.
H-1B Visas encourage outsourcers to use non-US IT ProsDecember 8th, 2014
Some industry groups want to restrict the use of H-1B visas by offshore outsourcing firms. These positions are designed to get offshore outsourcing firms to hire more U.S. workers and curb their ability to move jobs out of the U.S.
How to Guide for
Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
ISO Compliant - Including ISO 31000more info
16 States have over 6.5% UnemployedNovember 29th, 2014
States with High Unemployment - 16 States have over 6.5% Unemployedmore info
one more than in September -- Question is the economy improving?
Career planning is critical for IT ProsNovember 27th, 2014
Given the nature of technical work and technical people, most generic career advice is close to useless. And too much of it is just plain unrealistic. You don't need yet another list of 24 things you can do to advance your career.
No one has time to focus on that many things, and honestly, most of them make little difference. It's better to select the one essential thing that will make a big difference and focus on that exclusively.more info
IT Job Market - trends and recent newsNovember 27th, 2014
IT Job Market - Recent Postings
- IT Job Market Improving? Some say the IT Job Market is improving from the 2009 slump IT Job Market Improving? An on-line job portal, Dice says IT degree graduates...
- IT Job Market Improves IT job market increases significantly with 20,400 jobs added in July One in five organizations is looking to hire additional IT staff within the next...
- Job Market Improves for IT Pros IT job market growth continues with an increase in January Job market continues to look good for IT pros with more jobs added in the...
- IT Job Market Growth Slows IT Job Market Growth Slows IT Job Market growth has slowed. Year to date the number of net new jobs created is only 52,700. That...
- IT Job Market is Poor at Best IT Job Market Is Poor At Best The information technology job market in the U.S. shrank by 6,600 jobs in September, and the number of...
IT Job Descriptionsmore info
Top 10 list for career advancement:September 12th, 2014
To 10 list for career advancement:
- more info
- Top 10 Interview Questions
- Top 10 CIO Leadership and Management Traits
- 10 Questions on Disaster Planning Every CIO Should Have Answers for
- Top 10 interview best practices
- Top 10 steps to an effective IT organization