CIO - Job Description - Salary - IT - News
Telecomputing is on the riseJuly 19th, 2016
More Americans tele-computing and working longer hours from home and on the road.
The BLS found that 24% of all U.S. workers did some or all of their work from home last year, compared with 19% who worked from home in 2003.
Management, business and financial occupations led all categories of remote workers, at 38%, with those working in the professions right behind at 35%.
Not only are there more Americans working from home, but the average time they do so has increased, up 40 minutes to 3.2 hours a week in 2015.more info
Executive IT Salarys upJune 24th, 2016
Executive IT Salarys up more than staff salarys according to preliminary results of the mid-year Janco IT salary survey
The gap between the pay of IT executives and rank-and-file workers widened once again in 2015, according to the annual compensation survey from Janco Associates.
Among 243 respondents with titles including CIO, CTO, VP IT, and IT Director the average base salary was up 4.0% from 2014.more info
IT graduates hit good job marketJune 16th, 2016
IT graduates hit good job market
Widespread demand for talent at all levels, not just at the entry level. IT unemployment is around 2.5%, and 80% of IT professionals are willing to listen to [offers for] new job opportunities, even when they're happily employed. So there's this huge talent gap, this huge supply-and-demand chasm out there, where you just can't get enough of the IT talent you're looking for.more info
Is a recession around the corner?June 5th, 2016
Is a recession around the corner?
The IT job market does not look good with the loss of 27,700 jobs in May.
New overtime pay rules releasedMay 20th, 2016
New overtime pay rules released
The U.S. Department of Labor released its revised overtime rules. The exempt salary threshold level will increase from the current minimum of $455 per week, or $23,660 a year, to $913 per week, or $47,476 annually.more info
Education MattersMay 11th, 2016
The higher the level of education, typically the greater is the compensation and lower the unemployment rate is.more info
Staff retention will be key to successMay 2nd, 2016
Staff retention will be key to success
Cash is king for retaining top talent. Short-term incentive design is a complex process with many variables to consider. Although a cost-effective approach for motivating executives, your plans must strike a balance between sustainable value sharing while keeping ethics and pay equality in check.
CIOs need to strengthen thier expertise of short-term incentive plan design and strategy. To help avoid misalignment, CIO must gain insight on how to identify and weigh critical factors unique to thier business, staffing needs, and staff retention.- more info
Data Scientist job descriptionApril 11th, 2016
Data Scientist job description
The Data Scientist is the postion that is hardest to fill as companies swim in more data than they know what to do with. Big data is the marriage of structured data (a company's proprietary information) with unstructured data (public sources such as social media streams and government feeds).
Big data no longer suffering from the lack of tools with R and Hadoop. Data Scientist are geared to get value out of this critical resource.
Requirements for this position are:
- more info
- Masters in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; PHD degree preferred.
- Typically requires 5 or more years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques.
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
- Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, Java), statistical
modeling (like SAS or R).
- Experience using machine learning algorithms.
- High proficiency in the use of statistical packages.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading teams.
Employees not productive 25% of the timeMarch 22nd, 2016
Employees not productive 25% of the time
25% of the time employees are not doing much work based on validated responses from nearly 2,000 employees.
Businesses use absenteeism rates as an indicator of engagement and productivity because it's easy to quantify. But a growing body of independent research indicates that businesses are focus on the wrong measure of productivity; absenteeism is not the major culprit. While employees are absent from work an average of four days per year each, they say theye are unproductive on the job for 57.5 days each - almost three working months.
- more info
- Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide Without good personnel no Information Technology organization can succeed. The first step in getting the right people is to know what roles and responsibilities they have. The Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide has this plus more.
Some of the "c-Level" descriptions included in this offering are:
- Chief Information Officer(CIO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) - Small Enterprise
- Chief Security Officer (CSO)
- Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
- Chief Mobility Officer (CMO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Chief Digital Officer (CDO)
To see the structure used for all of the job descriptions go Job Description Structure.
Hertz cuts 230 IT jobs as it outsourcesFebruary 18th, 2016
Hertz cuts 230 IT jobs as it outsources
Hertz will cut 230 IT jobs as they outsource work to IBM. The employees work at a Hertz technology center in Oklahoma City, Okla.
Hertz's CFO said they have 1,500 people in the back office, which is quite double what it should be. He said the firm's IT spend is over $400 million a year.more info