CIO - Job Description - Salary - IT - News
H-1B Visas encourage outsourcers to use non-US IT ProsDecember 8th, 2014
Some industry groups want to restrict the use of H-1B visas by offshore outsourcing firms. These positions are designed to get offshore outsourcing firms to hire more U.S. workers and curb their ability to move jobs out of the U.S.
How to Guide for
Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
ISO Compliant - Including ISO 31000more info
16 States have over 6.5% UnemployedNovember 29th, 2014
States with High Unemployment - 16 States have over 6.5% Unemployedmore info
one more than in September -- Question is the economy improving?
Career planning is critical for IT ProsNovember 27th, 2014
Given the nature of technical work and technical people, most generic career advice is close to useless. And too much of it is just plain unrealistic. You don't need yet another list of 24 things you can do to advance your career.
No one has time to focus on that many things, and honestly, most of them make little difference. It's better to select the one essential thing that will make a big difference and focus on that exclusively.more info
IT Job Market - trends and recent newsNovember 27th, 2014
IT Job Market - Recent Postings
- IT Job Market Improving? Some say the IT Job Market is improving from the 2009 slump IT Job Market Improving? An on-line job portal, Dice says IT degree graduates...
- IT Job Market Improves IT job market increases significantly with 20,400 jobs added in July One in five organizations is looking to hire additional IT staff within the next...
- Job Market Improves for IT Pros IT job market growth continues with an increase in January Job market continues to look good for IT pros with more jobs added in the...
- IT Job Market Growth Slows IT Job Market Growth Slows IT Job Market growth has slowed. Year to date the number of net new jobs created is only 52,700. That...
- IT Job Market is Poor at Best IT Job Market Is Poor At Best The information technology job market in the U.S. shrank by 6,600 jobs in September, and the number of...
IT Job Descriptionsmore info
Top 10 list for career advancement:September 12th, 2014
To 10 list for career advancement:
- more info
- Top 10 Interview Questions
- Top 10 CIO Leadership and Management Traits
- 10 Questions on Disaster Planning Every CIO Should Have Answers for
- Top 10 interview best practices
- Top 10 steps to an effective IT organization
Staffing challenges facing most CIOs and organization identified in a new surveyAugust 23rd, 2014
Staffing in many organizations is challenge. Finding the right balance between older and younger workers is one the greatest challenges.
Workers born between 1979 and 1997 are highly sought for their technology skills. One survey says that IT companies arent doing enough to support these millennial employees.
CompuCom in a survey found that 34% of IT professionals say their organizations arent doing anything specific to support younger staffers. Only 11% have SMS/texting support, while 13% offer support for mobile devices. Only 21% of IT firms offered Bring Your Own Device ( BYOD ) to work enablement, and just 13% allowed the use of social media at work.- more info
HR is one of the most complex issues facing CIOsAugust 21st, 2014
As the workplace grows more diverse and budgets shrink, CIOs have strong incentives to improve overall HR efficiency and reduce the cost of managing employees and the recruitn processes.
To that end the Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide is the one tool that is manaded.more info
CIOs who make over $1 million dollars now are commonAugust 12th, 2014
Janco Associates has reviewed the compensation for hundreds of CIOs and has identified 29 CIOs who made over $1,000,000 in 2013.In comparing this list with last year's, Janco found that most of the CIOs on the 2013 have maintained their high compensation levels with increases in both base and "other" compensation. Those that have left the list have retired (2), been promoted (1), or left (for a new opportunity / been terminated) (5). Even on this current list there are 3 CIOs who are no longer with these companies.
IT Job Market News - Recent ArticlesAugust 6th, 2014
IT Job Market News - Recent Articles
- IT Job Market Growth Slows in August IT Pros face a mixed job market with a net gain of only 12,400 IT jobs in August versus the 13,600 jobs added in...
- IT Job Market Growth Slows IT job market growth slows to 5,700 in February from 9,800 in January according to BLS data says Janco Even with the unemployment rate falling...
- IT Job Growth Slows, Though CIOs Anticipate Hiring Next Year IT Job Growth Slows, Though CIOs Anticipate Hiring Next Year Both the New York Times and Janco Associates have say that the job market is...
- CIO confidence wanes Hiring slows CIO worries IT job market growth continues to slow from 9,800 jobs in January and 5,500 jobs in February to 5,400 in March ...
- IT Job Market is Stagnant IT Job Market Shows Few Signs of Growth The latest BLS unemployment rate has gone down, but so has the job participation rate which fell...
Microsoft employees' opinion of CEO Satya Nadella fallsJuly 28th, 2014
Microsoft employees' opinion of CEO Satya Nadella Falls
Satya Nadella, Microsoft's CEO approval in June, before the company's biggest-ever layoff, was high enough to place him in the top 30 of U.S. chief executives. After the job cuts his approval rating has fallen significantly.
IT Job Descriptionsmore info