CIO - Job Description - Salary - IT - News
IT Job Market News and Current ArticlesAugust 21st, 2015
IT Job Market News and Current Articlesmore info
23% of the highest paid CIO are womernAugust 2nd, 2015
Women make up almost one quarter of the CIOs who made the top 40 list of highly paid CIOs published by Janco Associates. In order to make the list the compensastion of the individuals had to public via SEC filings and the the cut-off point on the list was $1.1 million.
The data was based on what was reported for 2014.- more info
Career and Compensation current readingsJuly 2nd, 2015
Career and Compensation current readings
- more info
- 2015 Mid-Year Salary Survey Released by Janco 2015 Mid-Year Salary Survey Released by Janco 2015 Mid-Year Salary Survey Janco Associates, Inc. has just released its 2015 mid-year salary survey. To read about...
- IT Budget Requests for 2015 are up IT Budget Requests for 2015 are up CIOs are presenting IT budget requests for 2015. Small to mid-sized business with fewer than 250 employees are...
- Which IT Jobs are in High Demand High Demand for Which IT jobs CIOs and HR Managers are asking the question which IT jobs are in high demand. Janco found that Android continues to...
- IT Staffing 2015 IT staffing 2015 IT staffing companies and researchers released a flurry of information as the first half of the year ended. 2015 is looking great...
Employment picture improves for IT ProsJuly 1st, 2015
Employment picture improves for IT Pros
Janco forecasts that there will be 160,000 new IT jobs created in 2015. That is based on data collected from Janco's 2015 mid-year IT Salary Survey and data collected from the BLS.
At the same time the overall employment picture has improved with 10 states at full employment levels and onlyt 14 states with unemployment levels over 6%.
Mid-Year 2015 IT Salary Survey Released by eJobdescription.comJune 22nd, 2015
Mid-Year 2015 IT Salary Survey Released by eJobdescription.com
2015 Mid-Year Salary Survey - eJobdescription.com has just released its 2015 mid-year salary survey. To read about the salary survey go to http://www.e-janco.com/salary.htm.
IT Median Salaries Mid-Year 2014 vs. Mid-Year 2015
- more info
- 10 findings in IT Salary Survey by Janco (37.7) 2013 IT Salary Survey Released -10 major findings Janco has just released its IT Salary Survey and had ten (10) major findings. You can...
- Mid-Year IT Salary Survey Released (30.7) Mid-Year IT Salary Survey Released The just released Mid-Year IT Salary Survey shows that IT professionals compensation rose...
- IT Compensation up as CIOs are hiring (19.7) IT Compensation up as CIOs turn on hiring spigot IT Compensation up Janco has just analyzed the latest Labor Department (BLS) data and interviewed...
- IT Staffing 2015 (19.5) IT staffing 2015 IT staffing companies and researchers released a flurry of information as the first half of the year ended. 2015 is looking great...
- IT Salaries Rise (19.3) IT Salaries Rise In 2015 IT Salaries will increase across the board for IT Pros. In preliminary results of Janco Associates 2015 IT Salary survey...
Project Managers in high demandJune 10th, 2015
Project Managers in high demand
As CIOs continue launch new development projects, IT staffers with project management skills are hot commodities.- more info
NEWS -- 2015 Internet and IT Position Description HandiGuide Released - This is the 26th update to this CIO and HR tool. It now contains 270 job descriptins and is almost 800 pages in length.
Top 10 Resume ErrorsMay 22nd, 2015
10 Things To Avoid in your Resume
- more info
- Resume that is too long
- Resume that does not represent you in the best first impression
- Resume that is not structured well
- Resume that contains spelling errors
- Resume that contains grammatical and tense errors -
- Resume that does not agree with your "social profile"
- Resume that contains a photo
- Resume that is not 100% accurate
- Resume that is the same for each job and company
- Not following up
Intel is hiring more women and under-represented minoritiesMay 7th, 2015
In the first half of 20154, almost 1 in 6 of Intel's senior hires were historically under-represented minorities - about double the rate last year. Intel also doubled its senior hiring among women to 1 in 3
In summary, roughly 41 percent of Intel's hires for the year so far have been "diverse". That is up from about 30 percent a year ago.more info
What are IT Pros looking for?April 27th, 2015
It is getting harder to find good IT Pros. The talent out there has many more choices than ever. They are in the drivers seat.
CIOs who do find good IT Pros start with staff retention and understanding how they think, rather than details about their accomplishments or skills. These CIO and IT managers are interested in individuals - not just the job.
To accommplish this with new hires they get them to participate with other in the IT function. In that way they become part of the IT team quicker and say longer.- more info
IT Pros who are baby boomers are not retiringApril 14th, 2015
IT Pros who are baby boomers are not retiring as fast as they had inspected. Baby boomers' confidence in a secure retirement fell to a 5-year low. Only 27% of are highly confident their savings would last them through retirement, while 24% have reported delaying plans to retire. On the plus side, 44% expect their financial situations will improve in the next 5 years, up from 32% in 2012.- more info