Workforce Productivity - Best Practices
Steps to improve IT workforce productivity include:
Develop a strong team orientation - Effective teams and the effective planning and execution provide the structure necessary to get the best from all team members. Well written job descriptions are a first step in that process.
Align roles and performance objectives - Change causes by today's business environment causes misalignments of roles and focus of a significant number of the workforce. Job descriptions that are results and metric driven are an essential tool in the management process.
Set performance goals and manage workforce with that as the focus - A majority of the workforce performs better if they have specific goals they must achieve. Good job description include measurable goals.
Evaluate workforce based on defined objectives and goals - Review job performance based on job content and metrics to see how they can be modified to improved organizational productivity and minimize organizational dysfunction.
IT Best Practices News and Information
Infrastructure updates planned for 2015 by CIOsAugust 19th, 2014
- Legacy systems need to be able to be accessed via the cloud and be available for BYOD
- Bridge the gap between the IT application infrastructure and security compliance requirements
- Focus on gaining competitive advantages and improving productivity at the same time
New Net Neutrality Rules Will Increase the Size of the FCCApril 24th, 2014
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) proposed new rules for net neutrality that will increase the federal bureaucracy and government oversight of the internet.
The FCC proposed new net neutrality rules that will allow broadband providers to charge companies like Netflix for preferential traffic management, according to a news report.
The FCC's proposal would prohibit broadband providers from slowing down or blocking traffic to specific websites, but allow them to give some traffic preferential treatment based on commercially reasonable terms. The FCC would determine what's commercially reasonably on a case-by-case basis.
You can get all of Janco's templates in its IT Management Suite. When you do that you save over $2,500 and when implemented your enterprise is positioned to have a "WORLD CLASS" Information Technology function. You will be in compliance with all mandated requirements including all US and International requirements.
- IT Management Suite (CIO and CTO Special offer) - Save over $2,500
Hackers are attacking mobile devicesApril 2nd, 2014
Primarily because mobile device applications have the potential to interact with confidential or sensitive information, many organizations see this area as a primary technology challenge to address and a main focus for security initiatives. Hackers have taken notice to this fact and have started targeting these mobile applications - which can ultimately lead to decreased trust in an application or an organization that uses it.
- Mobility Policy Bundle (more info...) All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable
- BYOD Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy (more info...)
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy (more info...)
- Social Networking Policy (more info...) Includes electronic form
- Telecommuting Policy (more info...) Includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy (more info...)
Disaster Recovery DigestFebruary 20th, 2014
Disaster Recovery Digest
- Google data center security & disaster recovery This is a great video on physical security as well as the the software security. This is a great primer which all CIOs and Data...
- 10 best practices for cloud disaster recovery Cloud Disaster Recovery 10 Best Practices Creating out a complete cloud disaster recovery infrastructure can be cost prohibitive for many organizations. Ten best practices are:...
- Will your disaster recovery provider be in business when you need them? Disaster Recovery plans that depend on outsourcers face significant additional risk What if your were in Florida and the Hurricane season was in full swing...
- Options for a data center disaster recovery strategy Data Center disaster recovery strategy options A critical component of a disaster recovery business continuity is the data center disaster recovery strategy Hot...
- Infrastructure Key to Data Center Management and Disaster Recovery Infrastructure is key to data center management Data Center Management Issues Your data centers are stuck in a rut. While 90 per cent have...
Physical and digital security are the focus of CSOsFebruary 12th, 2014
The migration of physical security technology to a network platform has made it easier and more convenient for the CSO and their organizations to integrate the various modalities of physical security into a unified configuration to better safeguard their employees, visitors, premises and material/intellectual property.
Open architecture further enables central control of the various security systems on a single platform, providing higher levels of operational efficiency across the enterprise as well as improved standardization of policies and procedures.more info