Workforce Productivity - Best Practices
Steps to improve IT workforce productivity include:
Develop a strong team orientation - Effective teams and the effective planning and execution provide the structure necessary to get the best from all team members. Well written job descriptions are a first step in that process.
Align roles and performance objectives - Change causes by today's business environment causes misalignments of roles and focus of a significant number of the workforce. Job descriptions that are results and metric driven are an essential tool in the management process.
Set performance goals and manage workforce with that as the focus - A majority of the workforce performs better if they have specific goals they must achieve. Good job description include measurable goals.
Evaluate workforce based on defined objectives and goals - Review job performance based on job content and metrics to see how they can be modified to improved organizational productivity and minimize organizational dysfunction.
IT Best Practices News and Information
Articles on the Chief Mobility Officer - CMoOMay 11th, 2013
- Is a Chief Mobility Officer necessary Chief Mobility Officer now almost a necessity The idea of a company having a chief mobility officer (CMO) is not a new one. But as...
- 10 reasons why organizations need a Chief Mobility Officer (CMoO) Chief Mobility Officer (CMoO) business case Here are ten reasons your company needs a chief mobility officer: To deliver mobility solutions for the enterprise to...
- Compliance Program 10 Steps 10 Steps to a World Class Compliance Program A Compliance program, or a lack of one, is now putting CIOs and CSOs under a great...
- Released Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions HandiGuide, 2013 Edition Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions HandiGuide, 2013 Edition Janco has released the Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide® which is over 700 pages; includes...
- Top 10 CIO Productivity and Budgeting Issues CIO Productivity Kit The best companies, and their CIOs, recognize the importance of ready access to the right information to drive the right choices...
CIO and IT Manager Management NewsMay 2nd, 2013
CIO and IT Manager Management News
- more info
- Unmanaged administrarive right pose a security and compliance risk
- Almost 80% have DR plans in place - But
- Data breaches can be stopped
- Business Continuity Planning and Survival
- Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Testing Options
- Cybercrime is on the rise
- Disaster Recovery is for more than major events
- Business Record Management is Difficult at Best for Many CIOs
- Data breaches impact more uses in 2011 according to analysis of data
- Disaster Recovery for mid-sized businesses
- Business interruptions to consider when creating a bcp
- Social Networking Policy
- Disaster Planning budget discussion
- Disaster planning state of the art solutions
- BYOD improves productivity
- Mobile devices put a strain on help desk staff
- Meeting productivity improvement
- Labor Force Participation Rate at Lowest Level in over 40 Years
- Mobile device usage improves productivity
- EU Proposes New Security Requirements
- Proposed new manadated compliance for executive and CIO compensation
- Security breaches can go un-detected for a lomg time
- Cybersecurity now a CEO concern
Influenza A(H7N9) virusApril 17th, 2013
The World Health Organization has published a risk assessment of the Influenza A(H7N9) virus which has killed a number of people in China.more info
Workforce mobility a productivity issue for CIOsMarch 29th, 2013
Part of the CIO's job is to support maximum productivity by choosing appropriate infrastructure for laptops and other devices to meet the individualized needs of mobile employees. But IT leaders also must support the mobile infrastructure in a way that is designed to minimize costs, simplify administration efforts, protect against mobile-specific threats, and ensure security. Key enablers of the mobile workforce include the following:
- more info
- Outstanding security and network accessibility
- Simple, intuitive systems and data management tools
- A streamlined process for backing up critical data
- Smooth transitions when changing hardware or software
Mobile device usage improves productivityMarch 12th, 2013
Today's most productive employees are not tied to a desk, an office, or a location. They are mobile. And your companys IT strategy has to be ready to support them with easy, reliable, 24/7 access to the business information they need, from anywhere in the world, across a broad range of communication devices.
Mobile contentmanagement increases user productivity, ramps up customer engagement, enhances customer service, maximizes collaboration and drives more effective business decision-making.- more info