Steps to improve IT workforce productivity include:
Develop a strong team orientation - Effective teams and the effective planning and execution provide the structure necessary to get the best from all team members. Well written job descriptions are a first step in that process.
Align roles and performance objectives - Change causes by today's business environment causes misalignments of roles and focus of a significant number of the workforce. Job descriptions that are results and metric driven are an essential tool in the management process.
Set performance goals and manage workforce with that as the focus - A majority of the workforce performs better if they have specific goals they must achieve. Good job description include measurable goals.
Evaluate workforce based on defined objectives and goals - Review job performance based on job content and metrics to see how they can be modified to improved organizational productivity and minimize organizational dysfunction.
IT Best Practices News and Information
Disaster Recovery DigestJuly 1st, 2015
Disaster Recovery Digest
- Google data center security & disaster recovery This is a great video on physical security as well as the the software security. This is a great primer which all CIOs and Data...
- 10 best practices for cloud disaster recovery Cloud Disaster Recovery 10 Best Practices Creating out a complete cloud disaster recovery infrastructure can be cost prohibitive for many organizations. Ten best practices are:...
- Will your disaster recovery provider be in business when you need them? Disaster Recovery plans that depend on outsourcers face significant additional risk What if your were in Florida and the Hurricane season was in full swing...
- Options for a data center disaster recovery strategy Data Center disaster recovery strategy options A critical component of a disaster recovery business continuity is the data center disaster recovery strategy Hot...
- Infrastructure Key to Data Center Management and Disaster Recovery Infrastructure is key to data center management Data Center Management Issues Your data centers are stuck in a rut. While 90 per cent have...
IT hiring takes off - Over 140,000 jobs added in the last 12 monthsJune 13th, 2015
The IT Job Market job market kicked into higher gear in May, with more than 14,000 new jobs added in the field nationwide.
Janco Associates, which tracks IT jobs and CIO hiring trends, crunched the latest employment data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics and found hiring in the IT sector once again on an upswing after the relative doldrums of the first quarter.more info
BYOD management key concern of many C-Level executivesJune 2nd, 2015
BYOD management key concern of many C-Level executives
Three concerns for management of BYOD are:
- Take control of BYOD costs by automatically tracking and billing work-related spend on employee-owned devices on almost any network
- Enable employees to be more productive by eliminating time-consuming manual processes
- Reduce the effort and cost of monitoring, processing and reporting BYOD expenses
BYOD Policy Template meets all mandated compliance requirements
Janco, in concert with a number of world class enterprises had created a BYOD Policy Template that addresses these issues and provides solutions for the following questions:
- more info
- What are the legal implication of BYOD - What is the impact of the Stored Communication Act - Record Retention and Destruction?
- What happens to the data and audit trail on a BYOD when an employee leaves the company?
- What about a lost or stolen BYOD?
- How is the BYOD configured to receive and transmit corporate data?
- What kind of passwords are acceptable to use on a BYOD?
- What kind of encryption standards are acceptable for BYOD?
- What types of BYOD are allowed and what types are not?
- What about jail broken, rooted or compromised BYOD?
16 States have 6% unemployment ratesMay 28th, 2015
In the month of April ther are 16 states with an unemployment rate of over 6%. In addition there are 11 states where the unemployment rate has risen in the last 3 months. The states with the greatest increase in unemployment are West Virgina (from 6.1% to 7.0%) and Alaska (from 6.3% to 6,7%.
Will the information agecontinue to disrupt old waysMay 13th, 2015
The information age is upon us and will continue to disrupt old ways of doing things and replace them with new digitally driven processes. Will this transformation be like the Industrial Revolution, painful but ultimately democratizing by increasing incomes and leisure time for the vast majority of Americans? Or will it escalate inequality and continue to hollow out the middle class?
IT Infrastructure Policies and Procedures
One of the best ways to communicate and understand a company and its operating culture is through its policies. Designing and writing policy and communicating it effectively is an essential skill for professionals to have. By having policy carefully developed and communicated, employees will clearly know what the organization expects from them, the degree of control and independence they will have, and what the benefits and consequences are in regard to adhering to policy.more info