CIO - Productivity Kit
IT and Internet Job Descriptions
Disaster Recovery Template
IT Service Management Template
Sensitive Information Policy -
Salary Survey - Security Template
The CIO productivity kit Standard edition contains
- 243 job descriptions in MS WORD .docx format
- Current IT Salary Survey for US and Canada (by city) PDF
- IT Infrastructure, Strategy, and Charter Template in MS WORD .docx format
- Disaster Recovery Template which is Sarbanes Oxley compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- Security Template which is Sarbanes Oxley and ISO 27000 compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- IT Service Management Template (Change Management, Help Desk, and Service Requests) in MS WORD .docx format
- Sensitive Information Policy (Protect Credit Card Card and Personal Information) in MS WORD .docx format
The CIO productivity kit Metric edition contains
- Practical Guide for Cloud Outsourcing in MS WORD .docx format
- Metrics for Internet and IT (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
- Service Level Policy Agreement Policy Template (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
The Disaster Recovery Plan template (DRP) can be used for any enterprise. DRP Template is sent to you via e-mail in WORD and/or PDF format. Included is a Business Impact Questionnaire as well as a full Job Description for the Disaster Recovery Manager
The plan is 178 pages and includes everything needed to customize the Internet and Information Technology Security Manual to fit your specific requirement. The electronic document includes proven written text and examples for your security plan.
The 239 Internet and IT Position Descriptions are in Word for Windows format (.docx). Includes positions from CIO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Managers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of today.
The Service Level Agreement Policy Template is a nine page policy for a single application, It defines specific SLAs and metrics that are both internally and externally focused. The sample contain over 70 possible metrics presented graphically in PDF format.
IT Salary Survey
The Janco Associates, Inc. survey draws on data collected throughout the year (data as of January 2011) by extensive internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses throughout the United States and Canada. Our database contains over 85,000 data points.
CIO - CTO - CSO News
How to Guide for Cloud Process and Outsourcing meets all of an enterprise's security requirementsOctober 13th, 2014
Businesses must act quickly to get the most from cloud processing and outsourcing while protecting information and systems. The "How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing addresses how IT can gain control and secure mobility without alienating users. Discover the must-have features of cloud processing and outsourcing management, protecting data at the application level and the key considerations when selecting an enterprise management solution.
How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
ISO Compliant - Including ISO 31000
"How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing provides EVERYTHING that is needed to select a vendor, enter into an agreement, and manage the relationship," says a CIO of a Fortune 100 company
- more info
Rapaid change is putting pressure on CIOs and IT DepartmentsSeptember 30th, 2014
Great pressure is put on CIOs and IT managers because of pervasive connectivity, advanced analytics, and increasing automation driving rapid changes in business. While IT applications have always been digital, digital technologies have now reached a critical mass and a tipping point that is changing how we live and work.
These changes are forcing CIOs to move beyond their traditional support role and operate on the forefront of business value delivery. CIOs must now drive thier departments to function in two modes: operating more quickly than ever before to meet the demands for new business models and revenue acceleration while maintaining operational consistency and excellence in traditional workloads.more info
17% of all companies do not have specific policies in place for electronic communicationSeptember 15th, 2014
In an interview by Janco Associates, Inc. (JAI) of a CIO in a Fortune 100 company, the CIO disclosed that his financial data is at risk because of the proliferation of devices. JAI verified that this CIO was not alone as in a recent survey of CFOs, only 1/3 said they have a formal enterprise-wide plan for controlling the electronic exchange of financial information.
In that survey had the following major observations
- 45% did not have a formal enterprise-wide plan
- 40% a company wide directive had been issued
- 17% had not developed or communicated specifice policies
- more info
Compliance to mandated security requirements is a critical focus of CIOsSeptember 11th, 2014
Compliance is ever changing, and it's getting harder to keep up. In a survey by Janco Assocaites, Inc. (JAI), a management consulting firm focused to helping CIOs meet policy and compliance goals, 70 percent of all respondents reported being subject to multiple regulatory compliance mandates, as well as contractual obligations and industry standards.
Meanwhile, IT budgets are getting leaner as organizations strive to increase cost efficiency in tough economic times, and the emergence of cloud-based services has increased the complexity of compliance management. Given these challenges and tight deadlines, many organizations are addressing compliance requirements in silos using a "checklist" approach.more info
CIO best practices readingsAugust 22nd, 2014
CIO best practices readings:
CIO - CTO Changing Role
Chief Information Officer - Chief Technology Officer
- more info
- CIO Issues with workload, budgeting, and staffing CIO issues are made more complex as staffing levels and budgets remain flat As the 2014 budgeting cycle starts, CIOs clearly have their hands full...
- 10 BYOD Best Practices for CIOs BYOD Best Practices for CIOs Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) is exploding all over corporations. CIOs are in the cross hairs and need to follow...
- IT Staffing 2015 IT staffing 2015 IT staffing companies and researchers released a flurry of information as the first half of the year ended. 2015 is looking great...
- Top 10 Backup Best Practices 10 Backup Best Practices Rules of the Road for CIOs and DR/BC Managers Top 10 Backup Best Practices Many CIOs want to improve...
- Top 10 IT Professional Staff Issues for CIO Top 10 IT Professional Staff Issues for CIO As budgeting starts for 2015, the top 10 IT professional staff issues that CIOs and HR departments...
CIOs in the million dollar club get stockAugust 13th, 2014
Janco Associates has identified 29 CIOs who made over $1,000,000 in 2013. Interestingly not get to that number via base compensation. Almost all get grants of stock which by itself is over $1,000,000.
Many data breaches take over 1 year to fix after the first intrusionJuly 28th, 2014
Security Audit Program
ISO 28000, 27001, & ISO 27002 / HIPAA / SOX PCI-DSS Compliant
Severs and coprorate data are breached on a daily basis. While this is happening most companies are unaware that their propritary information is being stolen. Janco has found that over 90% of cybercrime victims find out about the compromise only after a 3rd party notifies them. Then after a cybercriminal gains access to an enterprise's network it takes an average 416 days to detect the intrusion.more info
Policies are critical for mobile computingJuly 25th, 2014
Telecommuting, BYOD, and other mobile technologies have revolutionized the way millions of people do their jobs. Employees now have the flexibility to work anytime from anywhere. For enterprises, the increase in employee productivity does often translate into faster response time, more revenue and higher margins.
Mobility Policy Bundle(more info...) All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable
- BYOD Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy (more info...)
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy (more info...)
- Social Networking Policy (more info...) Includes electronic form
- Telecommuting Policy (more info...) Includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy (more info...)
Top 10 CIO Staff IssuesJuly 16th, 2014
The top 10 concerns of CIOs in staffing are:
- Retaining existing staff
- Improving employee morale
- Adding new technical skills to staff
- Providing competitive compensation
- Maintaining and improving existing productivity and service levels
- Providing competitive benefits
- Reducing employee burn-out
- Managing organization culture
- Providing viable career path
- Utilizing social networking in the recruiting process
Top 5 Firewall Management Best PracticesJuly 11th, 2014
Top 5 best practices to address some of the most common firewall challenges that lead to misconfigurations or other problems that cause firewalls to fail in their crucial missions.
- Keep the enterprise security policy manager or compliance manager in the loop on firewall changes.
- Clean up unused rules.
- Eliminate conflicting rules.
- Follow a consistent workflow for requesting and implementing firewall changes.
- Get application developers or the dev ops team on the same page with the firewall administrator.