CIO - Productivity Kit
IT and Internet Job Descriptions
Disaster Recovery Template
IT Service Management Template
Sensitive Information Policy -
Salary Survey - Security Template
The CIO productivity kit Standard edition contains
- 243 job descriptions in MS WORD .docx format
- Current IT Salary Survey for US and Canada (by city) PDF
- IT Infrastructure, Strategy, and Charter Template in MS WORD .docx format
- Disaster Recovery Template which is Sarbanes Oxley compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- Security Template which is Sarbanes Oxley and ISO 27000 compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- IT Service Management Template (Change Management, Help Desk, and Service Requests) in MS WORD .docx format
- Sensitive Information Policy (Protect Credit Card Card and Personal Information) in MS WORD .docx format
The CIO productivity kit Metric edition contains
- Practical Guide for Cloud Outsourcing in MS WORD .docx format
- Metrics for Internet and IT (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
- Service Level Policy Agreement Policy Template (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
The Disaster Recovery Plan template (DRP) can be used for any enterprise. DRP Template is sent to you via e-mail in WORD and/or PDF format. Included is a Business Impact Questionnaire as well as a full Job Description for the Disaster Recovery Manager
The plan is 178 pages and includes everything needed to customize the Internet and Information Technology Security Manual to fit your specific requirement. The electronic document includes proven written text and examples for your security plan.
The 239 Internet and IT Position Descriptions are in Word for Windows format (.docx). Includes positions from CIO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Managers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of today.
The Service Level Agreement Policy Template is a nine page policy for a single application, It defines specific SLAs and metrics that are both internally and externally focused. The sample contain over 70 possible metrics presented graphically in PDF format.
IT Salary Survey
The Janco Associates, Inc. survey draws on data collected throughout the year (data as of January 2011) by extensive internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses throughout the United States and Canada. Our database contains over 85,000 data points.
CIO - CTO - CSO News
Over 100,000 PINs hacked from IRSFebruary 12th, 2016
In January there was an attack on IRS using stolen Social Security numbers yielded 100,000 plus PINs that can be used to file tax returns electronically.
Using a robot (automated bot), attackers attempted to obtain E-file PINs corresponding to 464,000 unique SSNs, and did so successfully for 101,000 SSNs before the IRS blocked it.more info
Forecast for fewer new jobs in 2016 than 2015 and 2014February 8th, 2016
Forecast for fewer new jobs in 2016 than 2015 and 2014
Hiring has slowed for the last several months, as a result Janco has just issued a forecast for the number of new IT jobs the US will see over 100,000 new IT jobs in 2016.
Janco reported that the BLS revised it data so that only 113,000 new IT jobs were created in 2015 and 2014. That data adjustment by the BLS magnifies the slowing in new IT job creation.more info
CIO's productivity is the key to success and compensationJanuary 22nd, 2016
CIO's productivity is the key to success and compensation
For CIO's productivitgy the organizational structure must support the goals of the organization and be consistent with its culture and capabilities. Well-defined reporting structures are based on the IT and business direction; take into account organizational barriers; and consider the effect of combining or separating the functions that are targeted for change.
- Top 10 CIO Productivity and Budgeting Issues (9.3) CIO Productivity Kit The best companies, and their CIOs, recognize the importance of ready access to the right information to drive the right choices...
- Top 10 Things a CIO Needs to Add Value Top 10 for CIOs -What does the CIO have to do to be viewed as a business person versus a technologist? There are many strategies...
- 10 ways a CIO can get ahead 10 Ways a CIO can get promoted The role of the CIO and CTO is changing as more enterprises more towards a Value Added role...
- 10 steps to jump start your business continuity planning business continuity planning 10 steps to jump start your BCP Business Continuity For many businesses there is some technology component that allows them...
- Top 10 Interview Questions Top 10 interview questions can lead to more specific questions that improve the chances of a successful hire In a review of over 1,000 job...
CIO and IT Manager Tools
You can get all of Janco's templates in its IT Management Suite. When you do that you save over $2,500 and when implemented your enterprise is positioned to have a "WORLD CLASS" Information Technology function. You will be in compliance with all mandated requirements including all US and International requirements.
- more info
- IT Management Suite (CIO and CTO Special offer) - Save over $2,500
- IT Infrastructure Architecture with 24 months of updates - Save over $2,000
- CIO HR and Staffing Management Kit with or without update service - Save over $3,000
- CIO Concerns Management Toolkit with or without update service - Save $1,500 to $3,500
IT Job DescriptionsJanuary 8th, 2016
IT Job Descriptions
The Internet and IT Position Description HandiGuide has just been released. The 2016 Edition includes 273 FULL JOB DESCRIPTIONS. They have all been updated to meet the latest mandated requirements, BYOD support and a full set of Enterprise Resource Planning positions. New in the 2016 edition are the following:
- Updated job descriptions to meet compliance requirements
- Updated Employee Termination Form to include BYOD and Personal Computer data removal
- Added 3 job descriptions; Manager IoT; Manager Green Initiatives; and Android Programmer
What factors need to be considered in a disaster recovery planDecember 16th, 2015
What factors need to be considered in a disaster recovery plan
Janco Associates has developed a data recovery plan template that businesses can use to build their own plan together with guidance on what needs to be included. Janco recommends that any plan should take into account the following:
- IT services: Which business processes are supported by which systems? What are the risks?
- People: Who are the stakeholders, on both the business and IT side, in a given DR process?
- Suppliers: Which external suppliers would you need to contact in the event of an IT outage? Your data recovery provider, for example.
- Locations: Where will you work if your normal premises are rendered inaccessible?
- Testing: How will you test the DR plan?
- Training: What training and documentation will be provided to end users?
CIOs continue to spend more on securityNovember 25th, 2015
CIOs continue to spend more on security
Corporate spending on IT security reached a record $81 billion in 2015. This represents an 8% increase, and its predicted to increase another 8% in 2016. With an accelerated increase in spending on cybersecurity you would think companies are winning the battle against cybercriminals but theyre not. Virus infections, network penetrations, and data breaches continue at alarming rates, and with greater consequence.more info
BYOD policy lacking in over 50% of all organizationsNovember 13th, 2015
BYOD policy lacking in over 50% of all organizations
Mobile security best practices have been pushed by analysts and security firms for more than a decade to protect sensitive corporate data. But how companies implement security for BYOD workers falls short.
It is clear that a growing need exists for a more robust application of security policies and procedures in modern businesses. Janco's BYOD Policy Template is the one took that can help achieve this.more info
Is a cloud based DR plan workable?November 9th, 2015
Is a cloud based DR plan workable?
There are several things that need to be considered before you can answered. Included are:
- Public cloud versus private cloud including all of the mandated security, privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Bandwidth requirements and processing speeds of the data that is to be accessed
- Location of the cloud processing site and availability of the the cloud after the event has happened
All of these questions are answered in Jancos How to Guide Cloud and Outsourcingmore info
Record Management is difficult with Shadow ITOctober 30th, 2015
Record Management is difficult with Shadow IT
Cloud Application and shadow IT put organizations at risk. Many cloud-based applications, dont have the level of security process and controls to meet mandated compliance requirements. For example, data stored in a cloud storage application may not be secured using security best practices. If someone uploads sensitive or confidential information to that cloud application, not only is the data vulnerable to a breach but the organization may be non-compliant with corporate governance or regulatory requirements for record management.more info
Congress to create one more govt agency for securityOctober 19th, 2015
U.S. Congress (House of Representatives) is proposing that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration set up an Automotive Cybersecurity Advisory Council to develop cybersecurity best-practices for manufacturers of cars sold in the U.S.
In addition they are looking in to requiring vehicle manufacturers to state their privacy policies, besides providing for civil penalties of up to $100,000 for the hacking of vehicles.
- more info