CIO - Productivity Kit
IT and Internet Job Descriptions
Disaster Recovery Template
IT Service Management Template
Sensitive Information Policy -
Salary Survey - Security Template
The CIO productivity kit Standard edition contains
- 243 job descriptions in MS WORD .docx format
- Current IT Salary Survey for US and Canada (by city) PDF
- IT Infrastructure, Strategy, and Charter Template in MS WORD .docx format
- Disaster Recovery Template which is Sarbanes Oxley compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- Security Template which is Sarbanes Oxley and ISO 27000 compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- IT Service Management Template (Change Management, Help Desk, and Service Requests) in MS WORD .docx format
- Sensitive Information Policy (Protect Credit Card Card and Personal Information) in MS WORD .docx format
The CIO productivity kit Metric edition contains
- Practical Guide for Cloud Outsourcing in MS WORD .docx format
- Metrics for Internet and IT (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
- Service Level Policy Agreement Policy Template (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
The Disaster Recovery Plan template (DRP) can be used for any enterprise. DRP Template is sent to you via e-mail in WORD and/or PDF format. Included is a Business Impact Questionnaire as well as a full Job Description for the Disaster Recovery Manager
The plan is 178 pages and includes everything needed to customize the Internet and Information Technology Security Manual to fit your specific requirement. The electronic document includes proven written text and examples for your security plan.
The 239 Internet and IT Position Descriptions are in Word for Windows format (.docx). Includes positions from CIO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Managers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of today.
The Service Level Agreement Policy Template is a nine page policy for a single application, It defines specific SLAs and metrics that are both internally and externally focused. The sample contain over 70 possible metrics presented graphically in PDF format.
IT Salary Survey
The Janco Associates, Inc. survey draws on data collected throughout the year (data as of January 2011) by extensive internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses throughout the United States and Canada. Our database contains over 85,000 data points.
CIO - CTO - CSO News
What do all of the major system breaches have in common?March 6th, 2015
All of the major data breaches in the news have in common -- there is total lack of timely detection. In fact, most of the victims had no idea they were breached until the U.S. governments three-letter-agency watchdogs notifies them.
Typically the attackers operate undiscovered for months before they were discovered. A good security information and event management would have alerted those organizations to the attackers activities. That would include phishing, malware exploits, unauthorized remote access and data exfiltration.
Other security articles and postings
How to Justify Security Spending- more info
How to Implement Security
ISO Domains & Security Manual Template
HITECH Meaningful Use Implications
Top 10 Security Myths
Top 10 Best Practices for Data Security
Top 10 Security Management Best Practices
Security Issue Trends
BYOD Security Best Practices
Common User Passwords
User Security Holes
Malware Impact On Security
IT Related Fraud
Steps to Detect and Prevent Security Breaches
Insider Data Security Issues
What is HIPAA
SmartPhone & Tablet Security
Digital Copier Risk
Mobile Device Security
ID Badges and NFC
Staff Management Best Practices IT Pros Should FollowMarch 2nd, 2015
Staff Management Best Practices IT Pros Should Follow - Articles
- Best Practices 5 keys on how to harness employee creativity Best Practices CIOs need to harness employees creativity. Here are five ways they can do that Best practices to harness creativity include these 5...
- Top 10 Manager Best Practices Top 10 Manager Best Practices Top 10 Manager Best Practices In order to be a successful manager and supervisro there are some core best...
- IT Job Families are being reviewed by many CIOs IT Job Families are being reviewed by many CIOs IT Job Families As the economy starts to turn around CIOs are beginning to look...
- 10 Best Practices for Staffing 10 Best Practices to Staff Hire and Retain World Class Creative IT Professionals 10 Best Practices Janco Associates has found the top ten...
- Top 10 best practices for effective risk and reputational management Top 10 Best Practices Best Practices Reputational risk is the exposure that your company will lose potential or existing business because its trustworthiness has...
Top 10 Best Practices to meet IT governance and compliance requirementsFebruary 13th, 2015
Top 10 Best Practices to meet IT governance and compliance requirements
- Understand all existing and proposed regulation and compliance requirement
- Have clear definition of duties (job descriptions) that meet all infrastructure, security and compliance requirements
- Continually assess the internal controls of IT that are in place
- Establish a baseline of IT internal controls include a definition of baseline policies and procedures that need to be in place in IT function
- Audit compliance to baseline of IT internal controls and governance requirements
- Track access to all protected and confidential data
- Preserve audit data in secure long term storage
- Establish and enforce separation of duties
- Implement metrics that support the alignment of IT with enterprise requirements
- Implement a function which focuses on implications of new technology on infrastructure and governance of IT
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity best practices for CIOsFebruary 10th, 2015
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity best practices for CIOs lastes articles that are a must read
- Top 10 Disaster Recovery Best Practices As requirements for avoiding downtime become increasingly stringent, administrators need tools and platforms that can help them plan, design, and implement disaster recovery strategies that...
- 10 Backup Best Practices supplementing a disaster recovery and business continuity solution with the cloud 10 Backup best practices supplementing a disaster recovery and business continuity back-up solution with the cloud Backup best practices are used by many CIOs...
- 10 Points of CIO focus in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning Top 10 points of CIO focus in planning 10 points of CIO focus that need to be addressed in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning...
- 10 Commandments of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity 10 commandments of disaster recovery and business continuity planning As requirements for avoiding downtime become increasingly stringent, administrators need tools and platforms that can help...
- Top 10 Predictions for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity 10 Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Predictions for 2013 Disaster Recovery vs Business Resilience There will be a move from an academic discussion to practical...
Request for $14 Billion by WH for cybersecurityFebruary 3rd, 2015
The White House wants more money for cybersecurity research, technology and investigators.
That funding request, included in the 2016 federal budget seeks $14 billion -- a 10% increase over the current fiscal year -- in defending U.S. cybersecurity systems.
The money will be used to improve federal networks and help fund research and development efforts in cybersecurity.
Security Manual Template and Compliance Tools
- more info
- Security Manual Template (Policies and Procedures) (ISO Compliant)
- Security Manual Template and Audit Program
- Security Manual Template and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template Bundle
- Security Manual Template, Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template, and Safety Program Bundle
- Security Manual Template and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template Audit Bundle
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Audit Program
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard PCI-DSS Compliance Kit
- Security Audit Program
- Patriot Act Security Bundle
- Compliance with HIPAA Standards
- Compliance with FIPS 199
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment
- Threat Risk Assessment Extended Service
Windows users do not want to move away from Windows 7February 1st, 2015
Percentage of Windows Versions installed of all Windows computers
With Windwows 10 in preliminary release, Microsoft is going to address the users of Windows 7 so they migrarate to the new OS.
- more info
IT Salaries increase bu 4% in mid-sized companiesJanuary 22nd, 2015
In 2015 IT Salaries will increase across the board for IT Pros. In preliminary results of Janco Associates 2015 IT Salary survey they have found that all levels of IT Professionals and in all sizes if IT organizations salaries are going up. The big winners are the executive levels of IT in mid-sized organizations.more info
Cloud creates shadow IT applications and risksJanuary 14th, 2015
For IT groups, the word "cloud" often refers to a specific type of server virtualization technology, or the use of infrastructure-as-a-service platforms such as Amazon AWS.
For everyone else, software-as-a-service is also "cloud," including such commonly used tools as Dropbox, Google Docs, and LinkedIn.
Company employees can easily go out and sign up for cloud services without any input from IT at all. Only 8 percent of companies know the scope of shadow IT at their organizations, according to a new survey by the Cloud Security Alliance.
Janco Associates has found the companies underestimate their use of cloud services by a factor of eight.
How to Guide for
Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
ISO Compliant - Including ISO 31000more info
A new must have requirement for IT Pros is competence in regulatory complianceDecember 8th, 2014
The world will continue to be heavily regulated. And if it is regulated, then businesses must comply with regulations. IF IT Pros are going to do something, you should do it as well as you can - even if they would rather not do it at all. In the case of regulatory compliance - if we made regulatory compliance a requirment for IT Pros then IT could be a driver in more areas of the business.more info
CIO 2015 Planning for growthNovember 29th, 2014
CIO 2015 planning for growth current articles. Must read and get ready for new priorities:
- more info
- Innovation is a world class CIOs driving force Innovation and the CIO Innovation is a driving force for change yet it also comes with risks. Few companies invest in it, and ones that...
- IT Management Suite complete toolkit IT Management Suite The IT Management Suite contains all of Jancos products at a savings of over $2,500. Plus for a limited time (until 12/31/2013)...
- ISO 31000 Compliance Risk Management ISO 31000 Compliance Risk Management Cloud processing and outsourcing add external risks to a business operation. The International Standards Organization (ISO) has implemented a...
- CIOs Drive Enterprise Management Processes IT Infrastructure is key to CIOs leading enterprises in their management processes CIOs and other members of the IT management team could be the reason...
- Budgeting Puts Fear Into Many CIOs and IT Managers Budgeting for 2014 is challenge for many CIOs Budgeting can be a harrowing experience or an opportunity to show that you are an executive who...