CIO - Productivity Kit
IT and Internet Job Descriptions
Disaster Recovery Template
IT Service Management Template
Sensitive Information Policy -
Salary Survey - Security Template
The CIO productivity kit Standard edition contains
- 243 job descriptions in MS WORD .docx format
- Current IT Salary Survey for US and Canada (by city) PDF
- IT Infrastructure, Strategy, and Charter Template in MS WORD .docx format
- Disaster Recovery Template which is Sarbanes Oxley compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- Security Template which is Sarbanes Oxley and ISO 27000 compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- IT Service Management Template (Change Management, Help Desk, and Service Requests) in MS WORD .docx format
- Sensitive Information Policy (Protect Credit Card Card and Personal Information) in MS WORD .docx format
The CIO productivity kit Metric edition contains
- Practical Guide for Cloud Outsourcing in MS WORD .docx format
- Metrics for Internet and IT (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
- Service Level Policy Agreement Policy Template (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
The Disaster Recovery Plan template (DRP) can be used for any enterprise. DRP Template is sent to you via e-mail in WORD and/or PDF format. Included is a Business Impact Questionnaire as well as a full Job Description for the Disaster Recovery Manager
The plan is 178 pages and includes everything needed to customize the Internet and Information Technology Security Manual to fit your specific requirement. The electronic document includes proven written text and examples for your security plan.
The 239 Internet and IT Position Descriptions are in Word for Windows format (.docx). Includes positions from CIO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Managers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of today.
The Service Level Agreement Policy Template is a nine page policy for a single application, It defines specific SLAs and metrics that are both internally and externally focused. The sample contain over 70 possible metrics presented graphically in PDF format.
IT Salary Survey
The Janco Associates, Inc. survey draws on data collected throughout the year (data as of January 2011) by extensive internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses throughout the United States and Canada. Our database contains over 85,000 data points.
CIO - CTO - CSO News
A new must have requirement for IT Pros is competence in regulatory complianceDecember 8th, 2014
The world will continue to be heavily regulated. And if it is regulated, then businesses must comply with regulations. IF IT Pros are going to do something, you should do it as well as you can - even if they would rather not do it at all. In the case of regulatory compliance - if we made regulatory compliance a requirment for IT Pros then IT could be a driver in more areas of the business.more info
CIO 2015 Planning for growthNovember 29th, 2014
CIO 2015 planning for growth current articles. Must read and get ready for new priorities:
- more info
- Innovation is a world class CIOs driving force Innovation and the CIO Innovation is a driving force for change yet it also comes with risks. Few companies invest in it, and ones that...
- IT Management Suite complete toolkit IT Management Suite The IT Management Suite contains all of Jancos products at a savings of over $2,500. Plus for a limited time (until 12/31/2013)...
- ISO 31000 Compliance Risk Management ISO 31000 Compliance Risk Management Cloud processing and outsourcing add external risks to a business operation. The International Standards Organization (ISO) has implemented a...
- CIOs Drive Enterprise Management Processes IT Infrastructure is key to CIOs leading enterprises in their management processes CIOs and other members of the IT management team could be the reason...
- Budgeting Puts Fear Into Many CIOs and IT Managers Budgeting for 2014 is challenge for many CIOs Budgeting can be a harrowing experience or an opportunity to show that you are an executive who...
Top 5 Firewall Management Best PracticesNovember 27th, 2014
Top 5 best practices to address some of the most common firewall challenges that lead to misconfigurations or other problems that cause firewalls to fail in their crucial missions.
- Keep the enterprise security policy manager or compliance manager in the loop on firewall changes.
- Clean up unused rules.
- Eliminate conflicting rules.
- Follow a consistent workflow for requesting and implementing firewall changes.
- Get application developers or the dev ops team on the same page with the firewall administrator.
Join Newsfeed and save 40%November 7th, 2014
Join our news feed and send a note to email@example.com and we will send you a coupon for 40% off on any item in our catalog.
- more info
IT HR articles that CIOs and HR managers should readNovember 6th, 2014
Recent IT HR articles that CIOs and HR managers should read:
- ERP Job Descriptions (13.2) ERP Enterprise Resource Planning Job Description Bundle Released Janco has just released 15 Enterprise Resource Planning Job Descriptions in its ERP Job Description Bundle. ...
- Interview and resume review are key to good hiring Good Interview is driven by understanding the resume CIOs and other senior tech managers confess that too many IT workers resumes contain both exaggerations and...
- 10 important aspects of IT Pros jobs In a recent survey Computerworld identified the five most important aspects of IT Pros jobs. At the same time Janco Associates has expanded that list...
- Top 10 indicators that you are about to be fired Top 10 indicators that you are about to be fired Circumstance often make CIO and It Managers oblivious to the clues they are about to be...
- Top 10 Interview Questions Top 10 interview questions can lead to more specific questions that improve the chances of a successful hire In a review of over 1,000 job...
- more info
How to Guide for Cloud Process and Outsourcing meets all of an enterprise's security requirementsOctober 13th, 2014
Businesses must act quickly to get the most from cloud processing and outsourcing while protecting information and systems. The "How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing addresses how IT can gain control and secure mobility without alienating users. Discover the must-have features of cloud processing and outsourcing management, protecting data at the application level and the key considerations when selecting an enterprise management solution.
How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
ISO Compliant - Including ISO 31000
"How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing provides EVERYTHING that is needed to select a vendor, enter into an agreement, and manage the relationship," says a CIO of a Fortune 100 company
- more info
Rapaid change is putting pressure on CIOs and IT DepartmentsSeptember 30th, 2014
Great pressure is put on CIOs and IT managers because of pervasive connectivity, advanced analytics, and increasing automation driving rapid changes in business. While IT applications have always been digital, digital technologies have now reached a critical mass and a tipping point that is changing how we live and work.
These changes are forcing CIOs to move beyond their traditional support role and operate on the forefront of business value delivery. CIOs must now drive thier departments to function in two modes: operating more quickly than ever before to meet the demands for new business models and revenue acceleration while maintaining operational consistency and excellence in traditional workloads.more info
17% of all companies do not have specific policies in place for electronic communicationSeptember 15th, 2014
In an interview by Janco Associates, Inc. (JAI) of a CIO in a Fortune 100 company, the CIO disclosed that his financial data is at risk because of the proliferation of devices. JAI verified that this CIO was not alone as in a recent survey of CFOs, only 1/3 said they have a formal enterprise-wide plan for controlling the electronic exchange of financial information.
In that survey had the following major observations
- 45% did not have a formal enterprise-wide plan
- 40% a company wide directive had been issued
- 17% had not developed or communicated specifice policies
- more info
Compliance to mandated security requirements is a critical focus of CIOsSeptember 11th, 2014
Compliance is ever changing, and it's getting harder to keep up. In a survey by Janco Assocaites, Inc. (JAI), a management consulting firm focused to helping CIOs meet policy and compliance goals, 70 percent of all respondents reported being subject to multiple regulatory compliance mandates, as well as contractual obligations and industry standards.
Meanwhile, IT budgets are getting leaner as organizations strive to increase cost efficiency in tough economic times, and the emergence of cloud-based services has increased the complexity of compliance management. Given these challenges and tight deadlines, many organizations are addressing compliance requirements in silos using a "checklist" approach.more info
CIO best practices readingsAugust 22nd, 2014
CIO best practices readings:
CIO - CTO Changing Role
Chief Information Officer - Chief Technology Officer
- more info
- CIO Issues with workload, budgeting, and staffing CIO issues are made more complex as staffing levels and budgets remain flat As the 2014 budgeting cycle starts, CIOs clearly have their hands full...
- 10 BYOD Best Practices for CIOs BYOD Best Practices for CIOs Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) is exploding all over corporations. CIOs are in the cross hairs and need to follow...
- IT Staffing 2015 IT staffing 2015 IT staffing companies and researchers released a flurry of information as the first half of the year ended. 2015 is looking great...
- Top 10 Backup Best Practices 10 Backup Best Practices Rules of the Road for CIOs and DR/BC Managers Top 10 Backup Best Practices Many CIOs want to improve...
- Top 10 IT Professional Staff Issues for CIO Top 10 IT Professional Staff Issues for CIO As budgeting starts for 2015, the top 10 IT professional staff issues that CIOs and HR departments...