CIO - Productivity Kit
IT and Internet Job Descriptions
Disaster Recovery Template
IT Service Management Template
Sensitive Information Policy -
Salary Survey - Security Template
The CIO productivity kit Standard edition contains
- 243 job descriptions in MS WORD .docx format
- Current IT Salary Survey for US and Canada (by city) PDF
- IT Infrastructure, Strategy, and Charter Template in MS WORD .docx format
- Disaster Recovery Template which is Sarbanes Oxley compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- Security Template which is Sarbanes Oxley and ISO 27000 compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- IT Service Management Template (Change Management, Help Desk, and Service Requests) in MS WORD .docx format
- Sensitive Information Policy (Protect Credit Card Card and Personal Information) in MS WORD .docx format
The CIO productivity kit Metric edition contains
- Practical Guide for Cloud Outsourcing in MS WORD .docx format
- Metrics for Internet and IT (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
- Service Level Policy Agreement Policy Template (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
The Disaster Recovery Plan template (DRP) can be used for any enterprise. DRP Template is sent to you via e-mail in WORD and/or PDF format. Included is a Business Impact Questionnaire as well as a full Job Description for the Disaster Recovery Manager
The plan is 178 pages and includes everything needed to customize the Internet and Information Technology Security Manual to fit your specific requirement. The electronic document includes proven written text and examples for your security plan.
The 239 Internet and IT Position Descriptions are in Word for Windows format (.docx). Includes positions from CIO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Managers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of today.
The Service Level Agreement Policy Template is a nine page policy for a single application, It defines specific SLAs and metrics that are both internally and externally focused. The sample contain over 70 possible metrics presented graphically in PDF format.
IT Salary Survey
The Janco Associates, Inc. survey draws on data collected throughout the year (data as of January 2011) by extensive internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses throughout the United States and Canada. Our database contains over 85,000 data points.
CIO - CTO - CSO News
BYOD policy lacking in over 50% of all organizationsNovember 13th, 2015
BYOD policy lacking in over 50% of all organizations
Mobile security best practices have been pushed by analysts and security firms for more than a decade to protect sensitive corporate data. But how companies implement security for BYOD workers falls short.
It is clear that a growing need exists for a more robust application of security policies and procedures in modern businesses. Janco's BYOD Policy Template is the one took that can help achieve this.more info
Is a cloud based DR plan workable?November 9th, 2015
Is a cloud based DR plan workable?
There are several things that need to be considered before you can answered. Included are:
- Public cloud versus private cloud including all of the mandated security, privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Bandwidth requirements and processing speeds of the data that is to be accessed
- Location of the cloud processing site and availability of the the cloud after the event has happened
All of these questions are answered in Jancos How to Guide Cloud and Outsourcingmore info
Record Management is difficult with Shadow ITOctober 30th, 2015
Record Management is difficult with Shadow IT
Cloud Application and shadow IT put organizations at risk. Many cloud-based applications, dont have the level of security process and controls to meet mandated compliance requirements. For example, data stored in a cloud storage application may not be secured using security best practices. If someone uploads sensitive or confidential information to that cloud application, not only is the data vulnerable to a breach but the organization may be non-compliant with corporate governance or regulatory requirements for record management.more info
Congress to create one more govt agency for securityOctober 19th, 2015
U.S. Congress (House of Representatives) is proposing that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration set up an Automotive Cybersecurity Advisory Council to develop cybersecurity best-practices for manufacturers of cars sold in the U.S.
In addition they are looking in to requiring vehicle manufacturers to state their privacy policies, besides providing for civil penalties of up to $100,000 for the hacking of vehicles.
- more info
CIO Career Path there but not followed by manySeptember 24th, 2015
CIO Career Path
Baby Boomers are getting ready to retire, many of them from c-level positions, leaving plenty of vacancies just waiting to be filled by the next generation.
But according to the several surveys released, no one wants the job.
1,000 human resource professionals were polled in eight countries, and found that less than half (47 percent) of respondents said that they have an adequate pool of talent to fill leadership roles in their company.
The survey also found that a frightening amount of employees are not interested in the corner office, with only 11 percent of those polled aspiring to C-level positions.
IT Job Family Classification System HandiGuide - This HandiGuide provides a step by step methodology and architecture to define job families and and align them with pay grades.
The core of Janco's IT Job Family Classification System are four (4) IT specifiic career families, broad meaningful grouping of jobs commonly clustered within a career emphasis.
To develop a functional set of classifications, the IT job family classification system provides the tools to identify the content of the task performed within a job which is the key criteria in determining the family into which a job falls. This process is how jobs are marketed in the recruiting process and conforms to how individuals and enterprises define overall career paths.
Included in the HandiGuide is a template that has been proven to work in over 100 organizations world wide. A core IT Job Family Classification is included along with operational tools to layer the levels within each of the defined job families.more info
Is there a perfect password?August 31st, 2015
Is there a perfect password?
The perfect password that is not biometric does not exist. An individual's fingerprint is one of the best passwords in the world. It's always with the individual, and no two are exactly alike. So it made perfect sense for vendors to create a simple, seamless way to use it as a password. It has been done smartphones and many laptops.
Security Manual Template
This Security Policies and Procedures Manual for the Internet and Information Technology is over over 230 pages in length. All versions of the Security Manual template include both the Business & IT Impact Questionnaire and the Threat & Vulnerability Assessment Tool (both were redesigned to address Sarbanes Oxley and CobiT compliance). In addition, the Security Manual Template PREMIUM Edition contains 16 detail job descriptions that apply specifically to security and Sarbanes Oxley, ISO 27000 (ISO27001 and ISO27002),CobiT, PCI-DSS, and HIPAA. Data Protection is a priority.more info
Lack of BYOD policies at State Department causes havoc in presidential campaignAugust 20th, 2015
Lack of BYOD policies at State Department causes havoc in presidential campaign
Lack of BYOD policies and enforcement at the State Department have caused havoc in the presidential campaign. The secretary of state used her own personal Blackberry which was not secure. In addition it is not clear which versions of software were on her device and wither it was backed-up in accordance to mandated federal requirements for sensitive, confidential, and top secret information.
With the advent of Bring-Your-Own-Device - BYOD and the ever increasing mandated requirements for record retention and security, CIOs are challenged to manage in a complex and changing environment.
- Mobility Policy Bundle (more info...) All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable
- BYOD Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy (more info...)
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy (more info...)
- Social Networking Policy (more info...) Includes electronic form
- Telecommuting Policy (more info...) Includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy (more info...)
- more info
Top 10 Lists for CIOs and the IT groupAugust 17th, 2015
Top 10 Lists for CIOs and the IT group
- Top 10 most highly taxed cities Where not to have a datacenter Top 10 most taxed cities While federal tax rates are the same no matter where the taxpayer lives, the same is not true for state...
- Top 10 Cities for CIO compensation Top 10 cities where CIOs get the greatest compensation CIOs compensation in the 10 highest paying cities based on Jancos 2013 Midyear IT Salary survey...
- As Fortune 500 companies move from US what about IT Jobs New IT Jobs will be in emerging markets By 2025 nearly half 46 percent of all Fortune Global 500 corporations will hail from...
- IT Job Market Growth Slows IT job market growth slows to 5,700 in February from 9,800 in January according to BLS data says Janco Even with the unemployment rate falling...
- Top 10 IT Schools Top 10 list Top 10 University rankings are always controversial and subjective, and some wonder if the process of ranking schools is a good idea....
Is Windows 10 good to go?August 2nd, 2015
Ars Technica published Windows 10 is the best version yet - once the bugs get fixed where it says "In its current form, the operating system doesn't feel quite finished" and "... it's also buggier than Windows 8.1, 8, 7, or Vista were on their respective launch days."
To achieve these goals for Information Technology Janco has combined some of its most popular products to help CIO and IT organizations to meet the most stringent Quality Assurance and Control Standards.
The Quality Assurance and Quality Control Bundle includes:more info
CIO responbilities go beyond ITJuly 29th, 2015
The CIO is responsible for overseeing the data assets of a company, from monitoring availiability to driving operational productivity, but are they taking a hard look at the vulnerabilities in their supply chains?
80% of business supply chain professionals reported that their companies experienced at least one instance of supply chain disruption in the past 12 months.more info