CIO - Productivity Kit
IT and Internet Job Descriptions
Disaster Recovery Template
IT Service Management Template
Sensitive Information Policy -
Salary Survey - Security Template
The CIO productivity kit Standard edition contains
- 243 job descriptions in MS WORD .docx format
- Current IT Salary Survey for US and Canada (by city) PDF
- IT Infrastructure, Strategy, and Charter Template in MS WORD .docx format
- Disaster Recovery Template which is Sarbanes Oxley compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- Security Template which is Sarbanes Oxley and ISO 27000 compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- IT Service Management Template (Change Management, Help Desk, and Service Requests) in MS WORD .docx format
- Sensitive Information Policy (Protect Credit Card Card and Personal Information) in MS WORD .docx format
The CIO productivity kit Metric edition contains
- Practical Guide for Cloud Outsourcing in MS WORD .docx format
- Metrics for Internet and IT (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
- Service Level Policy Agreement Policy Template (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
The Disaster Recovery Plan template (DRP) can be used for any enterprise. DRP Template is sent to you via e-mail in WORD and/or PDF format. Included is a Business Impact Questionnaire as well as a full Job Description for the Disaster Recovery Manager
The plan is 178 pages and includes everything needed to customize the Internet and Information Technology Security Manual to fit your specific requirement. The electronic document includes proven written text and examples for your security plan.
The 239 Internet and IT Position Descriptions are in Word for Windows format (.docx). Includes positions from CIO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Managers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of today.
The Service Level Agreement Policy Template is a nine page policy for a single application, It defines specific SLAs and metrics that are both internally and externally focused. The sample contain over 70 possible metrics presented graphically in PDF format.
IT Salary Survey
The Janco Associates, Inc. survey draws on data collected throughout the year (data as of January 2011) by extensive internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses throughout the United States and Canada. Our database contains over 85,000 data points.
CIO - CTO - CSO News
IT Salaries increase bu 4% in mid-sized companiesJanuary 22nd, 2015
In 2015 IT Salaries will increase across the board for IT Pros. In preliminary results of Janco Associates 2015 IT Salary survey they have found that all levels of IT Professionals and in all sizes if IT organizations salaries are going up. The big winners are the executive levels of IT in mid-sized organizations.more info
Cloud creates shadow IT applications and risksJanuary 14th, 2015
For IT groups, the word "cloud" often refers to a specific type of server virtualization technology, or the use of infrastructure-as-a-service platforms such as Amazon AWS.
For everyone else, software-as-a-service is also "cloud," including such commonly used tools as Dropbox, Google Docs, and LinkedIn.
Company employees can easily go out and sign up for cloud services without any input from IT at all. Only 8 percent of companies know the scope of shadow IT at their organizations, according to a new survey by the Cloud Security Alliance.
Janco Associates has found the companies underestimate their use of cloud services by a factor of eight.
How to Guide for
Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
ISO Compliant - Including ISO 31000more info
A new must have requirement for IT Pros is competence in regulatory complianceDecember 8th, 2014
The world will continue to be heavily regulated. And if it is regulated, then businesses must comply with regulations. IF IT Pros are going to do something, you should do it as well as you can - even if they would rather not do it at all. In the case of regulatory compliance - if we made regulatory compliance a requirment for IT Pros then IT could be a driver in more areas of the business.more info
CIO 2015 Planning for growthNovember 29th, 2014
CIO 2015 planning for growth current articles. Must read and get ready for new priorities:
- more info
- Innovation is a world class CIOs driving force Innovation and the CIO Innovation is a driving force for change yet it also comes with risks. Few companies invest in it, and ones that...
- IT Management Suite complete toolkit IT Management Suite The IT Management Suite contains all of Jancos products at a savings of over $2,500. Plus for a limited time (until 12/31/2013)...
- ISO 31000 Compliance Risk Management ISO 31000 Compliance Risk Management Cloud processing and outsourcing add external risks to a business operation. The International Standards Organization (ISO) has implemented a...
- CIOs Drive Enterprise Management Processes IT Infrastructure is key to CIOs leading enterprises in their management processes CIOs and other members of the IT management team could be the reason...
- Budgeting Puts Fear Into Many CIOs and IT Managers Budgeting for 2014 is challenge for many CIOs Budgeting can be a harrowing experience or an opportunity to show that you are an executive who...
Top 5 Firewall Management Best PracticesNovember 27th, 2014
Top 5 best practices to address some of the most common firewall challenges that lead to misconfigurations or other problems that cause firewalls to fail in their crucial missions.
- Keep the enterprise security policy manager or compliance manager in the loop on firewall changes.
- Clean up unused rules.
- Eliminate conflicting rules.
- Follow a consistent workflow for requesting and implementing firewall changes.
- Get application developers or the dev ops team on the same page with the firewall administrator.
Join Newsfeed and save 40%November 7th, 2014
Join our news feed and send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a coupon for 40% off on any item in our catalog.
- more info
IT HR articles that CIOs and HR managers should readNovember 6th, 2014
Recent IT HR articles that CIOs and HR managers should read:
- ERP Job Descriptions (13.2) ERP Enterprise Resource Planning Job Description Bundle Released Janco has just released 15 Enterprise Resource Planning Job Descriptions in its ERP Job Description Bundle. ...
- Interview and resume review are key to good hiring Good Interview is driven by understanding the resume CIOs and other senior tech managers confess that too many IT workers resumes contain both exaggerations and...
- 10 important aspects of IT Pros jobs In a recent survey Computerworld identified the five most important aspects of IT Pros jobs. At the same time Janco Associates has expanded that list...
- Top 10 indicators that you are about to be fired Top 10 indicators that you are about to be fired Circumstance often make CIO and It Managers oblivious to the clues they are about to be...
- Top 10 Interview Questions Top 10 interview questions can lead to more specific questions that improve the chances of a successful hire In a review of over 1,000 job...
- more info
How to Guide for Cloud Process and Outsourcing meets all of an enterprise's security requirementsOctober 13th, 2014
Businesses must act quickly to get the most from cloud processing and outsourcing while protecting information and systems. The "How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing addresses how IT can gain control and secure mobility without alienating users. Discover the must-have features of cloud processing and outsourcing management, protecting data at the application level and the key considerations when selecting an enterprise management solution.
How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
ISO Compliant - Including ISO 31000
"How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing provides EVERYTHING that is needed to select a vendor, enter into an agreement, and manage the relationship," says a CIO of a Fortune 100 company
- more info
Rapaid change is putting pressure on CIOs and IT DepartmentsSeptember 30th, 2014
Great pressure is put on CIOs and IT managers because of pervasive connectivity, advanced analytics, and increasing automation driving rapid changes in business. While IT applications have always been digital, digital technologies have now reached a critical mass and a tipping point that is changing how we live and work.
These changes are forcing CIOs to move beyond their traditional support role and operate on the forefront of business value delivery. CIOs must now drive thier departments to function in two modes: operating more quickly than ever before to meet the demands for new business models and revenue acceleration while maintaining operational consistency and excellence in traditional workloads.more info
17% of all companies do not have specific policies in place for electronic communicationSeptember 15th, 2014
In an interview by Janco Associates, Inc. (JAI) of a CIO in a Fortune 100 company, the CIO disclosed that his financial data is at risk because of the proliferation of devices. JAI verified that this CIO was not alone as in a recent survey of CFOs, only 1/3 said they have a formal enterprise-wide plan for controlling the electronic exchange of financial information.
In that survey had the following major observations
- 45% did not have a formal enterprise-wide plan
- 40% a company wide directive had been issued
- 17% had not developed or communicated specifice policies
- more info