CIO - Productivity Kit
IT and Internet Job Descriptions -- Disaster Recovery Template -- IT Service Management Template -- Sensitive Information Policy -- Salary Survey -- Security Template
The CIO productivity kit Standard edition contains
- 273 job descriptions in MS WORD .docx format
- Current IT Salary Survey for US and Canada (by city) PDF
- IT Infrastructure, Strategy, and Charter Template in MS WORD .docx format
- Disaster Recovery Template which is Sarbanes Oxley compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- Security Template which is Sarbanes Oxley and ISO 27000 compliant in MS WORD .docx format
- IT Service Management Template (Change Management, Help Desk, and Service Requests) in MS WORD .docx format
- Sensitive Information Policy (Protect Credit Card Card and Personal Information) in MS WORD .docx format
The CIO productivity kit Metric edition contains
- Practical Guide for Cloud Outsourcing in MS WORD .docx format
- Metrics for Internet and IT (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
- Service Level Policy Agreement Policy Template (metric kit) in MS WORD .docx format
Disaster Recovery Template (DRP)
The Disaster Recovery Plan template (DRP) can be used for any enterprise. DRP Template is sent to you via e-mail in WORD and/or PDF format. Included is a Business Impact Questionnaire as well as a full Job Description for theDisaster Recovery Manager
The plan is 178 pages and includes everything needed to customize the Internet and Information Technology Security Manual to fit your specific requirement. The electronic document includes proven written text and examples for your security plan.
The Internet and IT Position Descriptions are in Word for Windows format (.docx). Includes positions from CIO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Managers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of today.
The Metrics for the Internet and Information Technology HandiGuide® is over 320 pages, defines 540 objective metrics, and contains 83 metric reports that show over 240 objective metrics.
The Service Level Agreement Policy Template is a nine page policy for a single application, It defines specific SLAs and metrics that are both internally and externally focused. The sample contain over 70 possible metrics presented graphically in PDF format.
IT Salary Survey
The Janco Associates, Inc. survey draws on data collected throughout the year (data as of January 2011) by extensive internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses throughout the United States and Canada. Our database contains over 85,000 data points.
CIO - CTO - CSO News
Younger workers are at more risk to taken in by scamsOctober 19th, 2016
Scams score more with younger workers according to study funded by Microsoft
Younger individuals are most easily duped by technical support scams according to a recent survey.
- Individuals between 25 and 34 were more than three times as likely to fall for the fake-out as those aged 55 to 64.
- Individuals between 18 and 24 -- were little better than their slightly-older cohort; they were tricked by the scams more than two and a half times the rate of the group aged 66 and older.
- Globally, about two-thirds of the respondents had encountered a technical support scam.
- 20% -- allowed the scammer to continue his or her story -- and nearly one in 10 had actually given money to the fraudster
The survey paid for by Microsoft, queried 1,000 adults ages 18 and up in each of several countries, including the U.S., the U.K., Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany and India.
Security Policies - Procedures - Audit Tools
- more info
- Security Manual Template (Policies and Procedures) (ISO Compliant)
- Security Manual Template and Audit Program
- Security Manual Template and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template Bundle
- Security Manual Template, Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template, and Safety Program Bundle
- Security Manual Template and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template Audit Bundle
- Security Management Job Description Bundle - 17 full security job descriptions
- USA Freedom Act Security Bundle
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Audit Program
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard PCI-DSS Compliance Kit
- Security Audit Program
- Compliance with HIPAA Standards
- Compliance with FIPS 199
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment
- Threat Risk Assessment Extended Service
Enterprise operations control strategic IT spendingOctober 5th, 2016
Enterprise operations control strategic IT spending
The relationship between enterprise operations and the IT department when it came to priorities and strategic spending is less like 'us' versus 'them' and more like 'contentious siblings'.
Fundamentally, the role of the CIO when deciding on IT spending is both to advise business leaders on viable technologies for realizing a project's goals, but to also explain how any new investments would fit with a firm's existing infrastructure.more info
What do the states' unemployment numbers tell us?August 19th, 2016
What do the states' unemployment numbers tell us?
The state unemployment numbers cannot really tell us about the state of the overall job market. First the numbers are "constantly" being adjusted by individuals that have an agenda that is not in all cases pure. For example in July 2016, the data that was reported said that unemployment rates were significantly higher in 7 states, lower in 3 states, and stable in 40 states and the District of Columbia. Nonfarm payroll employment increased in 15 states, decreased in Kansas, and was essentially unchanged in 34 states and the District.
No where in that presentation is the fact the overall labor force participation is a 62.8% (saying that 94 plus million individuals are permanently out of the labor force). That would make overall unemployment number well over 12%.
The only fact that is clear from the data is the Nevada has been a high unemployment state for over 8 years.more info
Skill set for future CIO and CTO is alteredAugust 15th, 2016
Skill set for future CIO and CTO is altered
To best cope with digital-driven disruption, companies are looking for technology leaders who can adapt the enterprise to a changing environment. Moving through abrupt change, the senior technology executive of the future will look more progressive than the CIO/CTO of even just a year ago. The next generation technology chief would have to have the following traits to succeed in bringing change to an organization:
- Be a visionary with a third eye looking at the future
- Be able to adapt to constant transformations
- Be a driver for a network economy
- Be a role model for infrastructure management and governance
- Be Flexible
- Be an implementer for custom solutions
Role of the CIO has changedAugust 7th, 2016
The role of the CIO has changed over the last decade, from the scope of their responsibilities to the skill set required, and even their career aspirations. Evolving in the digital era, CIOs now need to improve their cyber security strategy.
The chief information officer's (CIO) role, responsibilities and influence is growing in today's boardroom. And the CIOs job itself is expanding as well. The CIOs of the next decade face many challenges. The CIOs who will succeed will have a common set of skills.
- CIOs both visionary and pragmatic
- CIOs focus on ROI improvement of IT
- CIOs inspire the enterprise and expand the business impact of IT
27.2% of IT Managers and executives are womenAugust 6th, 2016
27.2% of IT Managers and executives are women
According to Janco and US government data, almost 1 in 3 managers in IT are women. In addition many of the top paid CIOs are women.
http://goo.gl/ggjYNM #gender #itjobmarket #janco #employment #cio
- more info
4th Industrial RevolutionJuly 26th, 2016
CIOs have been inundated with the potential and the rapid pace of innovation in technology. This is referred to as the 4th Industrial Revolution, and it can be more accurately described as the Hurricane of Innovation. Janco terms this as the Age of the Customer and the imperative for customer obsession to be successful . Never before have we seen this level of innovation intensity. Almost every company is experimenting with the potential, and sometimes it is about finding the diamonds in the data. Data is now the next platform which provides insight, intelligence, and ability to create new platforms for a company and industry. Connecting data with IoT, and in many cases machine learning is proving to be a winning formula. The business value and realization of digitization is in progress, and now we have real world examples of new business models and potential revenues for traditional companies. Digital disruption is here and it is real.more info
Feds look to increase cybersecurity spending by $19 billionJuly 13th, 2016
Feds look to increase cybersecurity spending by $19 billion
Victor Janulaitis, CEO of Janco Associates, a research firm that analyzes IT labor trends, said the "government is not always the solution.
"Rather the solution needs to be in the private sector where what can be done will be done and real jobs will be created," said Janulaitis. "The solution of 'thousands' of new government employees only adds to our deficit and governmental bloat," he said.more info
Over 1/3 of IT pros do work from homeJune 24th, 2016
Over 1/3 of IT pros do work from home
38 percent of workers in management, business, and financial operationsmore info
occupations, and 35 percent of those employed in professional and related occupations,did some or all of their work from home on days they worked, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Workers employed in other occupations were less likely to work from home on days they worked.
Importance of infrastructure policies and a focused security program is criticalJune 17th, 2016
The digital landscape today is now open to increased cyber-attacks. The increase in frequency of attacks need a well-developed set of infrastructure procedures and a focused security program. IT pros need a focused awareness to bolster their security policies and practices as the foundational structure of an overall risk-management strategy.
Cyber-attacks cannot be prevented but with concentrated awareness and efforts, organizations can arm their customers, partners, and employees with safeguard measures require focused awareness to bolster their security policies and practices as the foundational structure of an overall risk-management strategy. Cyber-attacks cannot be prevented but with concentrated awareness and efforts, organizations can arm their customers, partners, and employees with safeguard measures.more info